This diner was manufactured by the Orleans Diner company of Albion, NY in the late 1940's. It would have been pre-built in their factory and moved to the site via rail car and truck, which is why diners of this type are always long and narrow. This diner may be the only surviving diner from this manufacturer (they only made 2 or 3 units total).
It has always been at this site, although the original name was Dauphin's Superior Diner. The diner closed in 1974, then re-opened in 1976 as an OTB parlor. At this time, most of the diner interior was dismantled and removed. After the OTB closed in 1986, the building was purchased and restored by Bob Malley, who owned it for many years. Several years ago, Bob retired and sold the diner to a new owner.
USANew YorkurbanWestern NYcity livingrochesterhighland park dinergood fooddiner